Wednesday 9 July 2014

this book kept me up all night...


I devoured Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn in one day (it kept me up until 3:35 a.m.). It was a bit dark and disturbing, but it was so engrossing I literally could not put it down. The suspenseful thriller tells the story of Nick and Amy Dunne, a pair of New Yorkers who relocate to his Midwest hometown after they both lose their writing jobs. On their 5th wedding anniversary, Amy mysteriously disappears and... cue the clever twists and turns! That morning, I couldn't stop telling Scott about it. Can't remember the last time I gushed that much about a book to him. Highly recommend! It's the perfect beach/plane/summer read. It was also number one on the NYTimes bestsellers list for eight weeks, so I might be the last person in the world to read it (have you?). 

Next, I'd like to read The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, Wild by Cheryl Strayed and I�ve also heard great things about The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt - described as a "beautiful, stay-up-all-night and tell-all-your-friends triumph." Sounds intriguing!

Have you read anything good lately? Any recommendations? I'd love to hear...

P.S. Happily, I just stumbled upon these two websites, The Book Seer and What Should I Read Next?  You type in a book you like, and the site gives you recommendations for similar books.

(Photo of Audrey Hepburn via Awesome People Reading.)

No comments:

Post a Comment