Wednesday 16 July 2014

style: madewell from head to toe

securedownload-7

I dig the laid-back chic of Madewell.

I discovered the retailer, J. Crew's affiliate, a few years ago but it wasn't until this year that I ordered a pair of leopard print flats (no breaking in needed), followed by a red dress from my spring wish list and then the Transport tote quickly followed. Yep, I'm wearing all three purchases above. If you didn't know I was a nerd before reading this post, you do now.

I've had my eye on this leather tote for over a year and finally decided to purchase it after seeing pictures of it all over Instagram recently when the hashtag #totewell took over my feed.

Like these ones...

Tote 3tote 4Tote 6Tote 2

My initials are discretely stamped on it (you can almost make them out in the first pic) and it fits everything I need and more including my lunch, books & umbrella. It's simple and neutral, goes well with all of my summer pieces and will transition well into the fall. I'm glad I finally took my own advice and invested a bit of money into a well made classic piece. I finally have a chic everyday bag I love!

Hope you're having a swell week! It's hot as heck in Edmonton and I'm loving every humid minute of it. It's a great excuse to make more of these.
_____________________
Denim jacket: J.Crew Factory 
Dress, shoes & bag: Madewell
Sunglasses: Joe Fresh
Necklace: wedding gift from my family in Bosnia
Ring & earrings: So Pretty Jewelry

No comments:

Post a Comment