Saturday 2 March 2013

eat: peanut butter & jam muffins

Muffins 2

Peanut buttery muffins topped with sweet jam. This classic combo pretty much equals baked goods bliss in my brain. Seriously, this is grab-and-go breakfast at its finest (although I could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!).

I made these tasty gems three times last week 'cause I�m kind of crazy like that. My family and friends loved them! And I'm pretty sure you and your family will too. The pb flavour isn�t overpowering at all - for those of you who aren't huge fans of the stuff.

This recipe hails from Rose Reisman's book, Family Favourites, just like the mini lasagna rolls I made here. Rose's cookbook has quickly become my new favourite. Highly recommend!

Here�s what you need to make them�

3 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large ripe banana (about 1/2 cup)
3 Tbsp smooth natural peanut butter (I used Adam's)
1 large egg
2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp raspberry jam or jelly (I used a local raspberry/blackberry jam)
  • Preheat oven to 350�F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
  • Using a whisk or electric beaters, combine the oil, sugar, banana, peanut butter, egg, sour cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
  • In another bowl, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt with a wooden spoon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually and stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
  • Divide the mixture among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Press gently in the center of each muffin to make an indent and place a small amount of the jam inside. And enjoy!

Hope you're having a great Friday, friends! And if not, I promise these muffins will cheer you right up (:

p.s. Are you a pb lover? Check out this fancy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment