Tuesday 11 December 2012

the eye(brows) have it

EyejedanEye 2Eye 4oko
Having good eyebrows can transform the entire look of your face. I can�t tell you how many times I�ve seen a lovely lady who would be even lovelier if her eyebrows weren�t plucked into a sparse thin line.

I speak from experience. In my twenties, my eyebrows were really thin, too. I looked like a Latina gang member from South Central L.A. Over the years, I've stopped tweezing excessively, grown them in and also started getting them threaded (best decision ever!). Now, I�m the proud owner of two full, well-shaped eyebrows.

How does threading work? An aesthetician uses a doubled-up strand of cotton thread to twist around individual hairs, then pulls them out from the roots. The procedure is used mainly on the eyebrows and upper lip. It's been commonplace for centuries among women in India and the Middle East (Persian and Indian women really do have the best brows). I like the thread because it offers much more definition than waxing. It gets every little hair out.

The results are both drastic and subtle. One of those can't-quite-place-it changes that actually make a world of difference. Having my brows shaped always puts an extra pep in my step. (:

Cost is relatively cheap: it starts at about $15. After a professional threading job, you can maintain your new brow line on your own with tweezers.

My go-to place for threading is Esthetics and Hair Designs (101, 15503 � 87 Avenue) which has been around for almost 30 years. Design-wise, it�s a no-frills shop but the ladies are friendly and always do a great job on my brows.

Their number is 780-484-7255. Be sure to ask for Hamida or Mitra.

Happy threading!

No comments:

Post a Comment