Wednesday 8 February 2012

eat: valentine's sweet treats

The boyfriend and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day; although I have requested bbq'd tenderloin wrapped in bacon for dinner that night. Nothing says romance like bacon, right? (;

Our plan is to have a cozy, cuddly night in - watching New Girl and devouring seasonal sweet treats from two of my favourite bakeries, Crave and Duchess. If those names sound familiar to you, it's because I've extolled their delicious virtures: herehere, and here.

Both shops are offering an assortment of mouth-watering delectables that I'm not about to pass on (no matter how I feel about a day that seems to force romance on the masses.)

Prepare to drool, peeps.

Crave Cookies and Cupcakes???
Sweets 6
{via}
I warned you about drooling, didn't I? The choco-tarts are filled with vanilla bean infused caramel topped with Valrhona Caramelia milk chocolate ganache and finished with a pinch of sea salt. And the cupcakes? They're Crave's take on black forest cake - chocolate cherry cake with kirsch ganache. I'll take one of each, please!

Crave has other delicousness up their sleeve. They're offering sugar cookie "love letters" with custom messages written on them.  I'd get "Ja te volim" and "Ko te pito" written on mine - which mean "I love you" and "Who asked you?" in Croatian. Two of the first phrases I taught Scotty to say.

Duchess Bake Shop
Sweets
{via}
The pink delectables directly above are the appropriately named, L'Amour. They're macarons filled with raspberries, rose ganache, lychee buttercream, raspberry jam and lychees. Can you say heavenly? I've already pre-ordered mine. You probably should, too.

And the sweets in the tea cup? Remember eating Red Hots as a kid? They're cinnamon heart meringues!

So, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Will you and your sweetie be out on the town or are you staying in and canoodling? I'd love to hear your take on the day between February 13 and 15.

Hope you're having a fantastic Wednesday!

Dajana (:

No comments:

Post a Comment